Your Cart is empty
on today's blog:
Emily Ratajkowski's Pink Hair Is The Summer Trend You Didn't Know You Needed
reading time: 9 minutes.
+ Index (click to open)
It probably takes an icon such as Emily Ratajkowski to make pink hair hotter than ever, following the bold pink statement made by Kate Moss in one of her most recent collaborations. Since then, the internet literally blew up discussing whether Emily’s tresses are real or not – after all, it wouldn’t be the first time a celebrity fools us with an expertly styled wig to achieve a new hair colour.
Why Emily Ratajkowski's Pink Hair Is So Popular
Emily Ratajkowski's pink hair has been all over the world wide web lately, and it’s easy to see why! Emily’s hair has always been popular for being naturally dark, thick, shiny, and healthy – therefore, to think that she simply bleached it all and went for such a dramatic (yet glamorous) makeover can be shocking (in all the right ways, just like when she went full-on Kerastase blonde). Her bold, fresh new summer look isn’t just a clever, colourful way to stand out from the crows (not that she needed to), but it also makes a bold fashion statement – as predicted at the beginning of this year. Need more reasons to convince yourself to try pink tresses?
Pink hair is naturally eye-catching, therefore it might not be the colour for you if you’d like to keep it low-key and adopt a more traditional hairstyle – but if you’re ready to step up your hair game, then pink tresses are the gift that keeps on giving. Pink is an attention-grabbing shade for many reasons (you can read more about it in our dedicated blog: The Return Of Dusty Pink Hair) and its versatility compliments so many different skin undertones and aesthetics that it’s universally recognised as a confidence-boosting hue. Period. No wonder Emily chose pink as her go-to summer shade!
Pink seems to enhance her features and work with her complexion in perfect harmony. It’s true, blonde streaks of colour are usually associated with bright blonde tresses and peachy skin undertones, but the thing about pink is that it comes in so many different tones that literally anyone can play around with it. Emily’s Mediterranean palette with dark eyes and brows allows her to pull off a light shade of dusty pink without looking washed out – even more so thanks to the dark roots blend.
How To Achieve The Perfect Pink Hair
If you’re already in your “pink hair don’t care” mood, then the first step to achieve a flawless rosy mane is picking the right shade according to your skin undertone. If you don’t know what your skin undertone is, check out our post: How To Choose A New Hair Colour?
In a nutshell:
- Cool-undertoned individuals are more likely able to rock rose gold tresses or lavender shades.
- Olive-undertoned people look best in hues such as dusty pink, magenta or bright fuchsia.
- Warm-undertoned folks will glow in bright bubblegum shades.
If your pink makeover also includes adding volume, thickness and length to your tresses, then adding pink hair extensions is the perfect solution for all of your hair concerns. This works for both those that would like to add a simple streak of colour to their natural tresses, or those that are looking to dye their mane and get a matching full-head set of clip in hair extensions. If this is you, then read on to find out everything you need to know about pink hair extensions and how to make the most of them.
How To Use Pink Hair Extensions
When it comes to choosing the right pink hair extensions, there are a few key points that you should keep in mind before making your purchase. First of all, consider your natural hair type and texture: thicker hair will need a product that matches the natural fullness of your mane, whilst fine-haired individuals might want to stay on a subtle type of extensions that won’t show its seams that easily. If you’ve been blessed with thick or medium hair, consider Ultra Volume hair extensions as your go-to product to achieve fullness and length – even if your haircut is short and/or blunt! Opposite to that, if you have thinner hair, Seamless hair extensions will stay hidden in your tresses – with their silicone seam that lays flat against the scalp for ultimate discretion.
Last but not least: how long do you want your hair to look? Whilst there are some generic guidelines to achieve the perfect blend and have a natural finish, this decision is entirely up to you. If you’re unsure, get in touch with our hair experts to get free advice and get guided towards your perfect hair extensions match. Pink hair can be rocked with any type of hairstyle – whether you’re thinking of long, flowy tresses or big bouncy curls, or (why not?) even a blunt bob that you can dress up or down whenever you please.
How To Take Care of Your Pink Hair Extensions
Human hair extensions perform like no one else – sorry synthetic hair, we’re just built different! – and yes, whilst they might sound like an expensive investment initially, they will give you the most natural results. This means that just like you would with your own natural tresses, Remy extensions need some good old TLC every now and then. The major things that you need to know about your brand new pink extensions are:
- Washing. Clip in hair extensions can be washed more or less every 10-15 uses, unless they get covered in styling products or get accidentally dipped in your morning coffee! Make sure that you only use sulfate-free and alcohol-free products to wash your hair extensions, as these drying agents can cause serious damage to human hair in the long run – considering that extensions don’t receive any nourishment from your scalp. Also, sulfates can damage the colour on your extensions, reducing the lifespan of your precious investment.
- Styling. It’s crucial that before you use any heat-based styling tools on Remy hair extensions you shelter them from heat damage by using the right product. If you haven’t already, stock up on Cliphair’s heat protectant spray to protect your tresses from split ends, brittleness and dryness. Also, make sure you keep your hair straightener and curling wand always on the low-heat setting!
Styling Ideas For Your Pink Hair Extensions
- Ultra Volume Hair Extensions and Double Weft Hair Extensions can help you achieve unmatched fullness in your tresses, so why not go even bigger by adding some texture? Curls, ringlets and big bouncy blowouts are the perfect hairstyles to maximise the volume in your hair and supersize your mane for a special occasion.
- If you’re wearing Nano Ring Hair Extensions, feel free to go bananas on romantic updos, messy buns, and trendy braided looks. This type of hair extensions moves exactly like your own hair would, and is so tiny that it stays virtually invisible even when you wear your hair up!
- If you prefer your hair to stay long and flowy, consider getting a full Remy hair weave makeover. Paired with a modern and trendy middle-part, you can then give your hair a touch of class by styling it in mermaid waves for a beachy look, or poker-straight for the ultimate Y2K vibe.
Inspiration From Emily Ratajkowski
If stealing Emrata’s style is your goal, then you should probably know that 1, this is not the first time she plays around with pink hair, and 2 – she can rock bangs like no one else. So, if your hair colour isn’t the only thing that you’d like to change, you could potentially explore a new haircut as well. In the case of trendy baby bangs, you don’t necessarily need to commit to a big chop if you’re not quite feeling ready yet; instead, why not go for clip in bangs that you can wear whenever you’d like?
Tips And Tricks For Wearing Pink Hair
You've got the pink hair, you’ve got your pink hair extensions… Now what?
- Make sure to wash and tone your hair regularly. Just like red, pink tends to fade easily – and bleached hair struggling in retaining pigmentation surely doesn’t help. Make sure you incorporate the right products in your hair care routine to keep the colour lively and vibrant as you wash it, and don’t forget to tone it when needed in order to maintain it fresh. Looking for product recommendations? I will never shut up about how good Bleach London pink shampoos are… Available in different shades as well. Find your perfect match on Bleach London.
- Use conditioner. Chances are that to get a bright pink mane you had to bleach your tresses – which is why it’s even more important to keep them moisturised, nourished and manageable. Don’t forget to use a good conditioner and a leave-in conditioner every time you wash your pink hair.
- Protect your hair. I already mentioned the importance of heat protectant spray, now let me underline how the sun can not only wreak havoc on your skin, but it can also damage your hair making it dry and prone to breakage, and make your fresh new colour fade. If you’re going to spend a few days under the sun for extended periods of time, make sure you shop for UV protection products specific for treating dyed hair.
- Lock moisture in. Once you’re done washing, drying, and styling your blushy mane, make sure you lock the moisture in your tresses and seal the deal in style. Cliphair’s Moisture Lock spray will not only leave your hair and human hair extensions smelling divinely, but it will also make sure it stays soft, shiny and manageable over time. What’s not to love?
How To Add Accessories To Your Pink Hair
- Add a headband to your pink hair, or why not? Even a trendy bandana. These cutesy accessories are all the rage now, probably thanks to the 90s and Y2K renaissance we’re currently experiencing. Need more inspo? Have a look at our dedicated blog: 12 Cute Bandana Hairstyles You Must Try.
- Wear a bow, flower clips or a colourful scrunchie to complete your look and/or match the rest of your outfit.
- Try a claw clip style, as seen on multiple celebrities including Emrata, Jennifer Lopez, and many, many more – the ideal hairstyle to look fabulous whilst keeping your hair away from your neck, especially now that the temperatures are rising. For a playful look, alternatively, try using butterfly clips. Find your claw clip style in our post: Thursday Hair 101: How To Put Your Hair In A Claw Clip.
Whether you’re going for a full makeover or simply looking to use pink hair extensions to spice up your look, Emily’s new hairstyle can serve as an inspiration to try something different and stand out from the crowd in style.
Thank you for reading our blog! We hope you enjoyed this article – if you liked what you’ve read, share this with your friends and follow us on our Social Media channels to keep up with the latest trends, tips, guides, and more!