Your Cart is empty
on today's blog:
Top 10 Best Dry Shampoos And Why We Love Them
reading time: 5 minutes.
+ Index (click to open)
- 1. Which Dry Shampoo Is The Best?
- 2. Best Dry Shampoo For Fine Hair: Refresh+Care Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo
- 3. Best Dry Shampoo For Dark Hair: Batiste With A Hint Of Color Divine Dark
- 4. Best Dry Shampoo For Thick Hair: Ouai Super Dry Shampoo
- 5. Best Dry Shampoo For Texture: Oribe Dry Texturising Spray
- 6. Best Dry Shampoo For Volume: Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo
- 7. Best Dry Shampoo For Bleached Hair: Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo
- 8. Best Dry Shampoo For Dry Hair: Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo
- 9. Best Dry Shampoo For Red Hair: Batiste Dry Shampoo Vibrant And Red
- 10. Best Dry Shampoo For Hair Extensions: Cliphair Dry Shampoo For Human Hair Extensions
- 11. Best Dry Shampoo For Curly Hair: OGX Refresh Revitalize Extra Strength Dry Shampoo
- 12. Conclusion:
For the woman always on the go: dry shampoo. I talked about this little miracle in a bottle a few weeks ago, and you guys LOVED IT! So I told myself: let them have some more. There’s no better follow up than a list of products for you to try… Especially if you’re still not fully convinced and need a little push. So, allow me to play matchmaker and pair you with the perfect dry shampoo for you!
1. Which Dry Shampoo Is The Best? (back to index)
There is no fixed answer to this question. Different hair types, scalp conditions and hair colours have different needs. Thankfully, hair experts around the world are constantly working to find a formula that works on many a hair case, and chances are there is a dry shampoo that has been designed with people like you in mind. Let’s find out together which dry shampoo is the best for you and why!
2. Best Dry Shampoo For Fine Hair: Refresh+Care Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo (back to index)
Dove is a pioneer when it comes to the care of hair, body and skin with its unmistakable fragrance and nourishing agents. Therefore, it’s not a surprise that this product caught my eye. This product smells and feels clean, main reason why it’s a popular option, but not only: its invigorating formula is perfect for fine and thin hair without weighing it down. Speaking of thin hair, if you're curious about how to make fine hair look fuller, you may be interested in our Which Hair Extensions Types Are Best For Thin & Fine Hair guide.
3. Best Dry Shampoo For Dark Hair: Batiste With A Hint of Color Divine Dark (back to index)
This is the dry shampoo, probably the most popular drugstore option - and yet, it does a good job without being too fancy nor too expensive. I’m a brunette, and what can I say - sometimes I’m running late to the office (sending greetings to my manager as they read this!) and need a quick fix. On top of absorbing the oil in excess from your scalp, this dark-coloured dry shampoo also helps covering up any greys if you missed your colour appointment this month - goodbye ashy tones on your roots!
4. Best Dry Shampoo For Thick Hair: Ouai Super Dry Shampoo (back to index)
If you have thick strands you’ll know how difficult it can be to make your products cover your mane thoroughly and evenly. This spray formula has been designed with thick hair in mind, and it’s easy to work into your scalp and reach all of your strands. If you'd like to know more about thick hair, check out our dedicated blog Which Hair Extension Types Are Best For Medium To Thick Hair.
Enriched with Volcanic minerals and rice starch, this product will absorb excess oils instantly, giving your day-two thick hair a pleasant makeover without having to undergo drying and styling again after a shower.
5. Best Dry Shampoo For Texture: Oribe Dry Texturising Spray (back to index)
Don’t think of this product as a simple dry shampoo - Oribe Dry Texturising Spray is much more than that! In fact, it’s a hydrating, re-styling spray that also acts as an absorbing agent for your excess oils. This weightless and delicately scented product will be your best friend and give your hair roots a much needed lift - giving your hairstyle a kick and bringing your hairstyle back to life before your shampoo day!
6. Best Dry Shampoo For Volume: Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo (back to index)
I promise you this post isn’t sponsored by Oribe - it’s just such an amazing brand! Although their products are a bit on the high-end side of the market, sometimes you can’t really compromise on certain stuff. People whose strands get flat and dull on day 2 or 3 after their shampoo know this too damn well. What’s the point in getting rid of the grease on your scalp when your hair lays lifeless on your head? Struggling with greasy hair? Find out how to deal with an oily scalp by reading How To Stop Your Hair From Getting Greasy.
Oribe’s team thought of this problem and worked out a formula designed to boost your hair’s volume and texture.
7. Best Dry Shampoo For Bleached Hair: Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo (back to index)
If you bleached your hair, you are now left with delicate strands that you need to carefully take care of. Although trendy and popular, bleach-based colours can lose their sheen and gloss if washed too frequently. Colour-treated tresses will need a delicate dry shampoo that acts effectively on your roots and is kind to your lengths. This product has a built-in conditioning formula that will do the job whilst keeping your strands soft and without stripping your hair of its natural moisture.
8. Best Dry Shampoo For Dry Hair: Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo (back to index)
You know my love for this brand, so I may be a tad biassed - but the truth is, Moroccanoil makes some amazing products out there (sorry not sorry). With its deeply nourishing Argan oil formula packed with antioxidant agents, this dry shampoo is a bit expensive but worth every penny if your strands are thirsty for moisture - without the annoying chalky residues!
9. Best Dry Shampoo For Red Hair: Batiste Dry Shampoo Vibrant And Red (back to index)
This is Divine Dark’s redhead cousin, coming in an orange-y, reddish shade. Perfect if you’re a natural ginger or have light red hair, this is your go-to drugstore option to give your day-two hair a new opportunity to shine before washing day. Its classic, light fragrance paired with the absorbing agent make it the perfect choice for redheads on a budget!
10. Best Dry Shampoo For Hair Extensions: Cliphair Dry Shampoo for Human Hair Extensions (back to index)
As we specialised in taking care of the hair that we work so hard to source and match to our beloved customers, we wouldn’t leave the care of day 2 hair and hair extensions to anybody else. And that’s why we designed our own dry shampoo, designed with hair extensions wearer in mind specifically - so that your hair extensions attachments don’t get damaged and your beloved tresses don’t go dull and lifeless when you skip that shampoo and conditioner routine!
11. Best Dry Shampoo For Curly Hair: OGX Refresh Revitalize Extra Strength Dry Shampoo (back to index)
La creme de la creme of texturising dry shampoos, OGX is my personal go-to brand for hair oils, shampoo and conditioner. So it’s only natural that they would make it to this list as well. Particularly, this formula does it all and it’s gentle on curly hair - which structure can be tricky to treat with such products, as curly hair naturally struggles in retaining moisture on its own. OGX’s formula is packed with softening and moisture-locking agents, with a lovely vanilla and gardenia fruit fragrance.
12. Conclusion: (back to index)
No matter what your hair type is, there is a dry shampoo that has been designed to satisfy your needs and be kind to your tresses. Want to know more about how to use dry shampoo and what its effects on hair and scalp are? Then have a read on our blog, How To Use Dry Shampoo: A Beginners Guide.
Thank you for reading our blog! We hope you enjoyed this article – if you liked what you’ve read, share this with your friends and follow us on our Social Media channels to keep up with the latest trends, tips, guides, and more!