Your Cart is empty
It can be difficult to know what the best way to handle hair extensions happens to be, particularly if you don’t have much experience wearing them. In fact, hair extensions are like all beauty products really – you have to learn how to wear them and how to make them work for you.
The ones that look the best are those with a healthy shine, lots of volumes, and a little bit of bounce – think Princess Kate on a good day (yes, we know that she never has bad days). As true hair obsessives and long-time Clip in hair extensions experts, the ClipHair team has learned a trick or two when it comes to keeping clip in pieces looking perfectly beautiful and natural.
If you want to keep your hair extensions in tip-top condition, follow this handy guide to the best ways to achieve natural hair, all year round.
- Think Silicone – for many years now, hair care experts have been praising the benefits of silicon-based hair products. The best thing about silicone is that it reduces the degree of curl in natural hair, so if you invest in Remy extensions (made out of real hair), you can use silicone based products to negate the need for heated styling. This, of course, protects your extensions from the damage that can be wrought by straightening irons.
- Condition Regularly – for the most part, hair extensions should be treated in the same way that natural locks are treated. So, if you deep condition your own hair once or twice a month, don’t forget to deep condition your clip in pieces. Whilst you might have to take them out and literally soak them in conditioning solution and water to do this, it will give you a good opportunity to remove any tangles and check their condition.
you can view these images here
- Take Your Time – it’s important to be patient when applying hair extensions. Yes, clip in pieces are very easy to apply (it can take just minutes), but if you want them to look as natural as possible, it’s worth taking 10-20 minutes to make sure that they’re properly placed and affixed. The grips should be as close to the scalp as possible, without pulling or tightness, and positioned beneath the top layer of hair, so that they cannot be seen.
- Enjoy the Sun – there’s an old hair extension myth that says you have to stay out of the sun when wearing clip in pieces. Fortunately, this is not really true at all – as long as you take sensible steps to protect the extension pieces from sun based damage, you will be fine. So, avoid heat based styling products if you’re also planning to spend a lot of time in the sunshine, and use a heat protection spray before you go out. For you lucky gals on holiday, always tie extensions up before you get in the swimming pool.
you can view these images here
- Pick Carefully – clearly, there is a big difference between picking up a chestnut coloured hair piece and a fire engine red one. Whilst there are lots of different reasons why going bold is a great idea, if you’re keen to pursue the natural look, keep things simple. At ClipHair, you will find hundreds of clip in hair extension products, in scores of different colours and tones. It could be time to sit down, have a good browse, and find the perfect one for you.